Where Do you like to Eat & Celebrate Mardi Gras? Lexington has so many wonderful bars and restaurants.
- Stop in Alfalfa on Fat Tuesday, February 25 and try their classic Red Beans and Rice at a special price of $5 from 10 am until 2 pm.
- Bayou Bluegrass Catering will be holding their annual Mardi Gras celebrations at Copper Roux with a fresh Cajun style menu on Fat Tuesday, February 25 with multiple lunch and dinner seating times starting at 11 am until 7:30 pm.
- Blue Door Smokehouse will feature a Smoked Etouffee with, you guessed it, smoked sausage and smoked chicken and served with rice for $8 bowl, $4 cup on Fat Tuesday, February 25.
- Blue Stallion Brewing is bringing a little New Orleans to the heart of Lexington with their annual Mardi Gras party featuring a crawfish boil from Dad’s Favorites Deli and Peril Hot Sauce along with famed Hot Peppered Helles, King Cake Hefeweizen, live music, lunch trivia, and more on Tuesday, February 25 from 11 am until 11 pm. Their Hot Peppered Helles and Purple Glitter King Cake Hefeweizen will be available on tap while Dad’s Favorites serves gumbo, muffalettas, and beer cheese chicken etouffee all day long while quantities last. At 5 pm, Dad’s Favorites crawfish boil will be available.
- Bourbon ‘n Toulouse will host their Fat Tuesday Party on Tuesday, February 27 with festivities starting at 11 am. Enjoy alligator etouffee, king cake from Sunrise Bakery, Crawfish Boil, beer specials, and a party later that night at Chevy Chase Inn.
- Columbia’s Steakhouse Downtown will be serving King Cake Bread Pudding on Tuesday, February 25. Celebrate Mardi Gras at Creaux for lunch on Tuesday, February 25 from 11 am until 3 pm. Featuring chicken and sausage gumbo, shrimp etouffee, red beans and rice, and a fried gator basket.
- Drake’s is celebrating Mardi Gras with a $5 Carnival Cocktail starting on February 18 through February 25.
- Good Foods Co-op is filling their hot buffet with Mardi Gras specials on Fat Tuesday, February 25 from 11 am until 8 pm. Menu includes chicken & andouille etouffee, vegan jambalaya, vegan gumbo, cajun pollock, okra stew with squash and tomato, Cajun mac & cheese, Cajun red beans and rice, roasted garlic mashed potatoes, veggies sides along with bananas Foster and bread pudding.
- Join Gumbo Ya Ya for their 17th annual Fat Tuesday celebration starting on Fat Friday, February 21 and running through Fat Tuesday, February 25. The celebration includes lobster etouffee, alligator sauce piquant and crawfish creole along with many of other Cajun staples.
- Honeywood and Excecutive Chef Lawrence Weeks are serving red beans and rice, an oyster po-boy, chicken and sausage gumbo and veggie jambalaya on Tuesday, Fevruary 25 for Mardi Gras.
- IHOP is celebrating Fat Tuesday, also known as Pancake Day or Shrove Tuesday, with a free short stack of pancakes per guest and a chance to win pancake prizes on Tuesday, February 25 from 7 am until 7 pm. Dine-in only at participating locations.
- JGumbo’s Lex will bust out a special Mardi Gras menu on Fat Tuesday, February 25 at 11 am until 9 pm.
- Join J. Render’s Southern Table & Bar on Fat Tuesday, February 25 for a 4-Course meal with Gumbo, Shrimp Etouffee, Jambalaya, and King Cake. Reservations are required and seating begins at 6 pm.
- The Kentucky Castle is hosting a “Mardi Gras” Murder Mystery Dinner on Tuesday, February 25 at 7 pm featuring a menu of fried okra, cajun crab cakes, shrimp & grits, and more.
- KSBar and Grille offers a Mardi Gras menu starting on Tuesday, February 18 through Tuesday, February 25. Featuring gumbo, oyster poboys, shrimp poboys, shrimp and grits, jambalaya on rice, and beignets.
- Celebrate Fat Tuesday at Mirror Twin Brewing on Tuesday, March 25 starting at 11 am featuring Mardi Gras inspired cocktails, themed trivia, and more.
- Join Oscar Diggs for a week of Creole inspired food including a shrimp Po Boy, Crawfish Étouffée, Cajun Salmon Pasta, and a classic King Cake for dessert.
- Palmer’s Fresh Grill will have two-for-one Hurricanes, and free beignets with purchase of two entrees on Tuesday, February 25. Specials will include shrimp & crawfish etouffee, creole salmon and Grand Marnier creme brûlée.
- Proud Mary BBQ has fresh crawfish, buffet, live music, king cake and hurricanes for Mardi Gras 2020 on Tuesday, February 25 with doors open at 3 pm. The menu includes Hurricanes, boiled crawfish and a full Louisiana buffet, including jambalaya, fried turkey, fried catfish, ham, BBQ shrimp, crawfish etouffee, red beans & rice, BBQ pork, BBQ chicken, baby back ribs, smothered cabbage, macaroni & cheese, green beans, potato salad, cole slaw, bread pudding and king cake.
- All Ramsey’s locations will offer Mardi Gras specials for lunch and dinner on Tuesday, February 25 including fresh crawfish, red beans and rice, gumbo, king cake and drink specials.
- Roulay Restaurant and Bar is celebrating Mardi Gras on Tuesday, February 25 starting at 11 am. Including a crawfish boil at 3 pm, Louisiana favorites (étouffée, jambalaya, fresh oysters, NOLA BBG shrimp), appearances from The Dames in the upstairs lounge, signature NOLA cocktails and more. Not accpeting reservations at this time.
- Smithtown Seafood will be open on Fat Tuesday, February 25 from 11 am until 9 pm along with West Sixth Brewing open until 11 pm. Featuring crawfish mac and cheese, shrimp and andouille gumbo and jackfruit creole fritters with remoulade.
- Celebrate Mardi Gras at Soundbar with Hurricanes All Night Long. Tuesday is still Game Night, so the N64, Nintendo WII, PS4, Giant Connect 4, Pong Table, and GIANT Jenga are set up.
- The Stave will be open on Fat Tuesday, February 25 from 11 am until 3 pm with jambalaya, maque choux and oyster po’boys as well as the crawfish, andouille & chicken etouffee.
- Enjoy some New Orleans style food and drinks at Thoroughbred Restaurant on Fat Tuesday, February 25 at 5 pm.
- Head to the Tilted Kilt for their Mardi Gras festivities with a week of NOLA specials beginning Tuesday, February 18 and running until Tuesday, February 25. Their menu starts and ends with a Crawfish Boil. Plus, enjoy the following all week long: Cup of Homemade Gumbo, Beignets, Oyster or Shrimp PoBoy Hoagie with Fries, Shrimp n Grits, Jambalaya and Rice, Hurricanes, and other drink specials.
- Tin Roof is celebrating Fat Tuesday, February 25, all day long with specials and at 7 pm watch the UK vs Texas A&M. After the game, enjoy a DJ post-game, Shrimp Po Boys and Voodoo Grinders, and Hurricanes.
- Join Winchell’s Tuesday, February 25 at 11 am for all of their Fat Tuesday specials being served. Fried crawfish tails and okra, Chicken and sausage gumbo, Crawfish Etouffee, Cajun red beans and rice with blackened catfish or chicken, Seafood jambalaya, Shrimp and grits, King cake, and Hurricanes.Reservations not required but recommended for groups of six or more.
- Windy Corner Market is serving Chef Sean Willoughby’s étouffée with crawfish, chicken or shrimp, shrimp and grits, chicken gumbo and dirty rice beginning Saturday, February 22 and through Fat Tuesday, February 25.
- Zim’s Cafe will offer gumbo with chicken, sausage and shrimp, plus beignets, and Abita beer and root beer along with other specials available starting on Friday, February 21 through Tuesday, February 25.
For more suggestions on Mardi Gras activities click on Ace Week's link below.